Tuesday 24 July 2012

Simple Solutions

Ok so I'm not feeling great today, think the whole jet lag has kicked in or something! Anyways today I was thinking about a video I had recently watched, made by "The Girl Effect"... The "Girl Effect" is a charity that believes that investing in girls will benefit all the nations. The Girl Effect is defined on their website as  "the unique potential of 600 million adolescent girls to end poverty for themselves and the world".
Someone once told me that I am just one person and cant do anything in this world.  Well today, I am in the mood to dispute that. One person, male or female, making a change can invoke many others to make the same change, you perhaps cant change the world alone, but you can certainly get the ball rolling!

Anyway, I just completely diverted away from the main topic of this blog!
The video I watched was this, and I encourage you to watch it. 
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIvmE4_KMNw&feature=relmfu
It really simplifies world poverty, a situation that even the big shots and geniuses can seem to start to figure out. It take the problem at its root and changes it then before it can grow into a larger and menacing beast. 


I think though, the lesson of simple solutions can apply to many situations and not just world poverty. As a race, from what I can observe, us humans love to over complicate situations! We have a natural instinct to make things so much more complicated than they are, rather than looking at the rather obvious simple solution ... so today, if you are reading this and a situation comes to mind, I urge you to look for the simple solution as it is normally the best and less messy one!
Best Wishes!

Vicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment