Friday 25 January 2013

Saying Hi and inspiring thoughts

So finally my January exams are finished! Thank goodness! Its been a lot of stress and a lot less blogging has been occurring, and for that I apologise! However, this is a quick post to say HI to you all out there, who are reading this post.

Its a quick post because early tomorrow morning I will be heading to the mainland to attend some Girlguiding Advocate meetings which I am very excited about, so be waiting in anticipation next week for me to share some of my experiences at our meetings as we talk gender equality and positive female role models!

So its a quick hello and goodbye from me, as I need my sleep, however there is an article I would like to share. Its called "What women lose in the fight to be thin", it is incredibly well written by Kate Orazem, with all too true statements such as "Whole nations of women spend their hours not reading books or loving bands or making goddamn change but instead agonizing over the inches of a waist." It is definitely worth a read, and Kate leaves us on a very positive challenge .... "For a generation of brilliant, driven, angry, wonderful women who get up, and look in the mirror, and demand so much less of themselves"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kate-orazem/body-image-what-women-lose-in-the-fight-to-be-thin_b_2551124.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

So I will leave with a thought, what do we, both men and women, sacrifice for external "beauty", do we sacrifice passion and motivation ... or even our individuality, to be clones of what the media perceive as perfection?! 

Love 
Vicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment