Sunday 22 November 2020

Virago Health!

 As you may know, I am the proud owner of a podcast called Virago Voices, which is all about women's empowerment. 
I started this podcast out of my love of chatting to people and my desire to make the world a slightly better place for the next generation of girls. 
With this in mind, I recently had an experience where I shared some information on women's health on my social media, which led one of my followers to get a diagnosis. On hearing this, I thought about my privilege; being a doctor and being passionate about women's health means I have a lot of knowledge and access to knowledge on common women's health conditions - and potentially a better understanding of normal and abnormal. It led me to think, why not use my podcast as a vehicle for making more change, in the field of women's health! Something I am very passionate about. After discussing with friends and talking about it on my social media, I have created Virago Health. A weekly chat with subject matter experts on women's health issues...


Virago Health: 
"Virago women are fierce, they are the women who are unapologetically who they are, they are challenging societal views of what a woman should be, and pushing forward the fight of equality. Some people describe virago women as a violent and unpleasant woman, but here at the podcast we call them heroic warriors
.
Here at Virago Voices, we are passionate about Virago women being spotlighted. Equally, we believe their health is important if they are going to be able to fight for their place in the world. 
As a doctor, our founder is passionate about women’s health and wellbeing. And therefore, inspired by a recent event, we have decided to introduce Virago Health, a weekly episode, interspersed with our usual Virago episodes, to discuss common topics in women’s health with expert help in each field we discuss. We also will answer your women’s health related questions through our episodes. 
.
To keep up to date on the latest podcasts, follow Virago Voices on Instagram, Spotify or Apple music! 
.
Please note we cannot give medical advice, for this you must speak to your doctor."

Tune in to stay updated, and forward the podcast to your friends and family! 








No comments:

Post a Comment