Sunday 2 September 2012

Lightening Up

I called this post "Lightening up" because I got some feedback from dear friends that some of my posts were too heavy... so here is a random light post about my recent family holiday to Scotland!

So last week I was on holidays, and we were in this cute seaside village, it was just absolutely adorable!  We visited a shop, right beside the harbour, and all the little trinkets it sold were themed around the seaside. I bought this little postcard, and I framed it today and now it sits proudly on my desk. On the postcard it says "the world is your oyster", which is absolutely true! I decided to buy it to always remind me of this motto especially when I am having a rough day.
My lovely framed postcard sitting proudly on  my desk 
After our shopping excursion, we decided to go to the seafood restaurant that overlooked the harbor for dinner. The meal was delicious! All the seafood was freshly caught, and it was food that really made you smile! And feel healthy!My sister and I both love crab so we decided to order a starter of crab. however we didn't actually look at how it was cooked, or even read anything about it, so when it arrived we were shocked to discover that it was soft shell crab! Slightly off putting when you can eat the whole crab, shell and everything! 
Our deep fried crab!
Another one of the days we decided to embrace the Scottish way of life and attended the Highland games! This was definitely an experience! I was comparing it to the olympics, but it was more of a combination of school sports day and the 12th of July. Overall I really enjoyed myself, however I have still not warmed to men in kilts, or as my little cousin calls them "Man Skirts"
Caber throwing at the Highland games
We also visited the place where Bram Stokers Dracula was set and had fun running through the castle, pretending we were in the actual movie!

Love Family Holidays!
Well tonight marks the end of my summer as I return to school tomorrow, and I have to say ... Its been a good one! 
Hope you have all had a great summer too 
Love 
Vicky x 

No comments:

Post a Comment