Saturday 15 September 2012

We are powerful ...

I thought in this post I'd share with you all one of my favourite quotations, by Marianne Williamson...
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

I refer to this quotation when I talk about religion. On my blog, I do not advocate a specific religion, but what I will say is I think that it is very important. As the human of being, we are powerful .... and this terrifies us! Therefore we all need a belief in an unearthly source of power, perhaps an extraterrestrial force  that controls our decisions, and has some hand over what we do in our life. Its the way we are programmed! People like to say that they like to be in control, but really, when it comes down to it, we all like to have someone above us, who - we believe - will guide us and protect us. 
Ok so, that rant was not really the purpose of this post, however if you do disagree with me or want to talk/debate with me about the topic of religion feel free!

"It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us" ~ I interpret this to mean that we are quite obviously scared of the dark parts of life, however what scares us more are the clear and obvious "light" things in our lives. It shows us that we have the capacity to be beacons of light for one another, however this can be scary as we all possess the insecurities that would prevent us from fulfilling our capacity, but here we should take Shakespeare's advice: "be not afraid of greatness" and embrace your light and let it shine!

Again this line ties into what was previous said ... "Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people wont feel insecure around you.... 
We are all meant to shine"
I feel that this gives me the opportunity to let my light shine, on something I feel passionate about. I entitled this blog post "We are powerful" because we are! and we have the potential to enforce change.
If you have been reading my past blog posts, you will know that I am a strong advocate of women's rights and it is something I feel strongly about. 
"Because I am a girl"  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrCNKX0rFRg&feature=player_embedded

11th October 2012 is the first ever UN recognised day of the girl and it is Plan's chance to show the UN that girls MUST be a priority. But to get the UN to listen, they need your power! Support the cause!
This is a link that will bring you to a facebook page, where you can click to "raise your hand!"
http://www.facebook.com/becauseiamagirl.au?sk=app_318685631559881

And finally "As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others"

Love 
Vicky x


Raise your hand for education for girls

No comments:

Post a Comment